Two-Day Dog Sled Adventure | Kangerlussuaq
Join this unforgettable dogsled journey into the wild Greenlandic nature! It will leave you speechless, as this expedition-style tour will take you deep into Kangerlussuaq backcountry to stay at a hunters' cabin or possibly even a specialized tent, to properly experience the Polar night, one which might be illuminated by the incredible northern lights.
From when you first get introduced to your dogsled musher and the dogs, you will become a part of the team. You will be helping with things like preparing meals, putting up tents or preparing the hut, which you will be staying in. You will be helping with ice cutting, melt snow for drinking, feeding the dogs and packing the sled. You will be learning about the dogs, how they obey and react to the driver, and what you can do to participate when travelling by dog sled. You will get to experience how Greenlanders used to depend so much on the dogs, and how many still use them as a means of transportation, and you'll clearly see how much energy and skill it takes to handle a dogsled.
This expedition can be challenging going on hard ascends and fast descends, we do not recommend taking it on if you are not at good health or if you have back problems.Ready to experience the Polar Night by the authentic mode of winter transportation in Greenland? Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place on our dogsled.
Arctic Circle Trail
You will be introduced to the driver of the dogsled and the dogs that you will be spending the next two days with. You will be heading into the wilderness surrounded by snow-covered mountains and terrain. You will be travelling downhill and uphill where the driver will be pushing the sled to help the dogs get up steep hills, and step on the break downhill. When arriving at the place where you will be spending the night, either in a tent or a hut, you will help to set up camp. Make your dinner and make hot beverages.
Time to relax and reflect on today's' exciting events, while enjoying the silence and the landscape surrounding you. If the weather allows, you might even be so lucky to see the northern lights above you, giving you a show of many colours. Time to head into your warm comfortable sleeping bag and get a well deserved good night sleep.
Waking up to a beautiful scenery with a fresh breeze to wake you up. You eat breakfast and do some activities of your own choosing, hike, ice fishing or just relax. Looking over the beautiful snow covered landscape, while the sun is highest on the sky. Listen to your surroundings, birds and the dogs.
It's time to head back towards Kangerlussuaq, where you will help gather all the equipment and put them on the sled.
- Supplies for the trip (Food, equipment)
- Sleeping Bag
- Sealskin clothing (anorak, trousers) and boots
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Extra clothes
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Please note that it is obligatory to rent polar clothing (seal skin or down) and boots, unless you have proper polar equipment of your own. In our experience, very few participants bring adequate equipment to ensure their safety and comfort while on the expedition. Our staff will determine whether you have proper clothes for this expedition.
- The minimum age for participation is 10 years. A child can participate only if accompanied by an adult on the same sled.
8 950 DKK
3 Day Glacier Adventure | KangerlussuaqFrom 7 995 DKK
4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 650 DKK
Camp on the Greenland ice sheet | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 950 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Dog sledding expedition | Kangerlussuaq to Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 16 975 DKK