Arctic Char Ice fishing | Nuuk
Enjoy boating, hiking and ice fishing all in one day. You go in an open boat to Akia near Nuuk. After only 20 minutes of sailing, you disembark on a beach and after around 15 minutes of walking with snowshoes, you get to the frozen lake.
We have put up a large tent with and put in some heating so you can go inside and warm up or have a meal. This area is so close to Nuuk and yet you will be off-grid and experience the pure Greenlandic wilderness.
We will bring the provided fishing gear and now you can fish wherever you choose, but there is a particular spot where we have caught a whopping 43 cm long arctic char, which we can recommend.
The landscape around the lake is astonishing and worth to explore if you would like to stretch out. Often you can see eagles, polar hares and rock ptarmigans in the area.Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- 8 hours guided tour
- Boat transfer
- Fishing gear
- Snowshoes, pulka and other equipment
- Hot beverage
- Safety equipment
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Ski goggles or Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Insulated winter boots
- Warm drinks
- Lunch and snacks
- Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- The weather can change rapidly, so be prepare to meet heavier winds and colder temperatures than you would expect.
- The minimum number of participants are usually 2. Tours with only 1 booking are normally cancelled. Send us a message, if you want to book a single seat.