Private Catch'n'Eat | Qooqqut Nuan | Nuuk
A gourmet get-away is what to be explored on this 6-hour private catch 'n' eat tour to the settlement of Qooqqut. This extraordinary dining experience allows you to catch your own dinner and eat your self-caught fish at a four-star restaurant!
Qooqqut is Nuuk Fjord's leading destination for extraordinary dining. The restaurant is located in the world's second-largest fjord system, in the oasis of Qooqqut Bay. While eating your self-caught dinner, you will be overlooking the most beautiful surroundings of towering mountain peaks, Arctic tundra and sea.
At the colonial harbour, you will be welcome on board our closed cabin boat. The tour from Nuuk to Qoqqut takes approx. 50 minutes, depending on the tide and weather conditions. En route, you can enjoy the Greenlandic fjord landscapes on deck.
In Qooqqut Bay we will make a stop, by a small waterfall, where we will be fishing for Acadian redfish and trout. Enjoy the pristine arctic nature while you master the art of long-line fishing.
Once you have gotten a fish or two on the hooks, the captain will dock the boat in the abandoned settlement of Qooqqut. By the restaurant, you can select a dish you would like to try and leave your fish in the hands of the professional chefs of Qooqqut Nuan. While waiting for your dinner, you can take the time to explore the area. Qooqqut is rich on Greenlandic herbs, granite and Norse-Viking ruins.
Reserve your table at Qooqqut Nuan by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
- Fishing equipment
- 1 to 6 passengers
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- This is a private charter tour, this means that you rent the whole boat, but the restaurant visit is not private.
- The tour includes 1 to 6 passengers
7 700 DKK