Colorful Land of Icebergs | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Come along this adventure to the colourful town Tasiilaq – also known as the land of icebergs. This tour is for anyone who loves the wonders of the arctic, from the white and blue nuanced icebergs to the majestic glaciers!
Situated on Ammassalik Island, lies Tasiilaq in its own little bay, surrounded by sky high peaky mountain tins and iceberg filled waters. Tasiilaq is translated to ‘’Something resembling a lake’’, due to the numerous amount of lakes on Ammassalik Island.
Today the town is one of the fastest growing communities in Greenland, therefore offering a wide range of adventures in the area.
Already from the start, you are promised a mesmerizing and unique adventure, as the journey from Kulusuk to Tasiilaq is one of the most scenic expeditions imaginable, you will fly high above the ice-filled seas.
Tasiilaq is just south of the Arctic Circle, therefore you can take advantage of your time in Tasiilaq all year around, experience the northern lights in the winter or explore under the orange rays of the midnight sun!
Tie your hiking boots and bring your warmest hat, Tasiilaq awaits you! Check the booking availability and book your adventure now!
Your adventure starts from Reykjavík and takes you to Tasiilaq via Kulusuk!
Check in at Reykjavík domestic airport for the flight to Kulusuk. After arrival in Kulusuk airport, a short helicopter flight to Tasiilaq awaits you.
The helicopter ride from Kulusuk to Tasiilaq is the most scenic and spectacular journey imaginable, as you travel high above the ice filled waters between the mountainous islands.
Tasiilaq is the largest town on the East Greenland and upon arrival you will be transfered to the hotel, that will home you and your fellow explorers for the next 2 nights.
You will have the afternoon to explore by yourself, get friendly with the area or join an adventure into the wild, wonderful and vast East Greenlandic nature, search for a Tasiilaq in the search field and an ocean of offers will appear! You can explore, examine and experience majestic glaciers, distant villages, the deep seas or hike the spectacular flower valley, the adventure is yours to make!
Ammassalik Island, is an island of adventure and so is the coastline! Plan your day ahead, and book a tour of your liking.
Multiple tours can be book through the site, and offers all of your arctic dream adventures.
Travel to a distant glacier, hike a mountain or visit a remote and distant settlement.
The tours can be found in the tour description above.
Today your adventure ends!
You will in the morning be transferred to the heliport in time to check in for the helicopter flight to Kulusuk.
If the flight schedule allows, you can use the time to hike the route from Kulusuk to Kap Dan (the walk takes approx. 40 min. each way) before departing on the flight to Reykjavík. You can arrive in reykjavik late in the afternoon or early in the evening.
- Flights Reykjavík - Kulusuk - Reykjavík, with airport taxes
- Helicopter flight Kulusuk - Tasiilaq - Kulusuk
- 2 nights accommodation in double room without private facilities, with full board (starting with evening meal on day 1)
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Flight schedules may change due to unfavourable weather conditions. Helicopter between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq does not operate on Sundays. If you decide to travel to/from Iceland on this day then you will need to stay one night in Kulusuk instead of Tasiilaq.
14 750 DKK
5 Day Greenland Highlights Tour | East GreenlandFrom 13 000 DKK
Boat tour among icebergs | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 800 DKK
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 825 DKK
City tour and hike to the flower valley | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 620 DKK