Glacier Adventure by boat | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Go on a boat tour to the beautiful Sermilik Icefjord, and experience the incredible Hann Glacier.
The journey will begin at Tasiilaq harbour and sail towards the southern part of Ammassalik Island where we'll slowly enter the Sermilik Fjord. A beautiful and breathtaking journey among icebergs of all shapes and sizes. Sermilik means “Icefjord” in Greenlandic, and the fjord certainly lives up to its name. Behind every corner you will find an iceberg bigger than the previous, giving every passing-by traveller the feeling of how small we are compared to the impressive giants of the sea.
After about an hour into the journey, we will see the abandoned settlement Ikkatteq, situated on a small island. You will have the opportunity to go onshore and explore the village and take a sneak peek into the building where the school and church are joined. The small classroom with books and notes and the church are still neatly left behind. The view from the abandoned village overlooking the water is a breathtaking sight - imagine how the people in this settlement must have lived. Living off nature and very limited resources, both very fulfilling but also very difficult.
The trip will shortly continue after the shortstop, heading north to Johan Pedersen Fjord. From what you have experienced up until this point, it will be nothing compared to what you are about to experience. The enchanting landscape is an astonishing and thrilling sight of ice sculptures, light blue water, and most importantly the Hann glacier. With the possibility of witnessing huge chunks of ice falling from the grand Greenland Ice Sheet.
This grand adventure is waiting for you, all you have to do is pull on your warmest hat and bring your binoculars for this adventure! Check the booking availability and book your tour now!
- Experience Guide
- Light Lunch
- Warm drinks and refreshments
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- It is always good to check the weather forecast for the day. Dress in layers, as it can get colder out in the sea.
- The minimum requirement for this tour is 4 passengers, if the minimum requirement is not attained, you will be rebooked and if not possible, the tour will be cancelled and you will be refunded or you could pay for 4 people and go on the tour.
1 600 DKK
5 Day Greenland Highlights Tour | East GreenlandFrom 13 000 DKK
Boat tour among icebergs | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 800 DKK
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom
City tour and hike to the flower valley | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 620 DKK