Glacier Adventure by boat | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Go on a boat tour to the beautiful Sermilik Icefjord, and experience the incredible Hann Glacier.
The journey will begin at Tasiilaq harbour and sail towards the southern part of Ammassalik Island where we'll slowly enter the Sermilik Fjord. A beautiful and breathtaking journey among icebergs of all shapes and sizes. Sermilik means “Icefjord” in Greenlandic, and the fjord certainly lives up to its name. Behind every corner you will find an iceberg bigger than the previous, giving every passing-by traveller the feeling of how small we are compared to the impressive giants of the sea.
After about an hour into the journey, we will see the abandoned settlement Ikkatteq, situated on a small island. You will have the opportunity to go onshore and explore the village and take a sneak peek into the building where the school and church are joined. The small classroom with books and notes and the church are still neatly left behind. The view from the abandoned village overlooking the water is a breathtaking sight - imagine how the people in this settlement must have lived. Living off nature and very limited resources, both very fulfilling but also very difficult.
The trip will shortly continue after the shortstop, heading north to Johan Pedersen Fjord. From what you have experienced up until this point, it will be nothing compared to what you are about to experience. The enchanting landscape is an astonishing and thrilling sight of ice sculptures, light blue water, and most importantly the Hann glacier. With the possibility of witnessing huge chunks of ice falling from the grand Greenland Ice Sheet.
This grand adventure is waiting for you, all you have to do is pull on your warmest hat and bring your binoculars for this adventure! Check the booking availability and book your tour now!
- Experience Guide
- Light Lunch
- Warm drinks and refreshments
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- It is always good to check the weather forecast for the day. Dress in layers, as it can get colder out in the sea.
- The minimum requirement for this tour is 4 passengers, if the minimum requirement is not attained, you will be rebooked and if not possible, the tour will be cancelled and you will be refunded or you could pay for 4 people and go on the tour.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 600 DKK
5 Day Greenland Highlights Tour | East GreenlandFrom 13 000 DKK
Boat tour among icebergs | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 800 DKK
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 825 DKK
City tour and hike to the flower valley | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 620 DKK