Deep Sea Fishing | Nuuk
Come aboard, and join this 3-hour deep-sea fishing tour in the spectacular surroundings of Nuuk fjord! Experience unspoiled nature, and try your luck with sea angling. This tour is perfect for those who want to immerse themselves in Greenlandic culture, wildlife and nature.
Nuuk fjord is inhabited by different fish, depending on the season. Inhabiting the seas are cod, trout, Acadian redfish and Ammasat ( a small fish, that can be shovelled into the boat). These fish thrives in the cold seas of the fjord, and therefore you are almost guaranteed to get a fish on the hooks!
Your tour starts by the harbour, from where you will be welcomed on board our closed cabin boat. The captain collaborates with local fishermen and knows the best fishing spots in the impressively long fjord system. Wherever the captain chooses to go on this deep-sea fishing tour, you will be fishing in the incredible mountain sceneries of Nuuk Fjord.
Deep-sea fishing can be done by all ages, experienced or not and is a fun activity, cherished among locals. Master the art of longline fishing, catch crabs or explore what the deep Arctic sea has to offer through seaweed.
Catch your own dinner while in Nuuk by selecting your date of travel and clicking Book Now.
- English speaking captain
- The tour is on a closed boat with a heated cabin, restroom, and safety equipment
- Life jackets
- Fishing equipment
- Tea & coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket and gloves, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Drinking water
- Optional: binoculars
- Although this tour takes place on a closed boat, the best views are from the outer decks. Make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes (even in Summer) so you can enjoy from outside.
- Order a sandwich, in the booking process. It is also possible to bring your own food.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 passengers. If we do not reach this number of people on the day of your tour, we will cancel the tour and refund the paid price.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".