Fishing For Cod | Nuuk
Do you want to do like the locals? Then join on this fishing trip and try to catch your own dinner!
As locals, we know the fjord around Nuuk like the palm of our own hands and we know exactly where to take you for a good catch of cod. We will sail out from Nuuk harbour and depending on the weather, we'll find the best spot for fishing for you and your fellow explorers.
Fishing is a very important part of the Greenlandic culture, as fish play a big role in the traditional diet. Today many people have their own boat and go out to fish to sustain their families or just for fun. Fishing is a great activity, you both get the excitement when you feel something nibbling your bait. At the same time it is very relaxing as you get to enjoy the surrounding nature, wildlife and feel the fresh arctic wind in your hair. The fjord system around Nuuk is enormous and where ever you will sail, you will have picturesque mountains around you.
The Greenlandic cod can get quite big and it can get very exciting from the moment you feel it on the hook to you finally have it on-board the boat. You both have to be quick but also careful that you do not loose it again. If we do not catch anything within the first couple of minutes we will sail to another spot to try our luck.
Do not hesitate to join on this fun trip to the fjord when you are in Nuuk. Check the availability in "Book Now" above!
- Local guide
- Fishing equipment
- 1 hour sailing trip in open boat
- 2 hours fishing time
- Warm survival suit
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Remember to always wear warm clothes and practical shoes, as it can get a bit cold and windy when sailing. There is no cabin on this boat, therefore you will be exposed to wind and sea at all times.
- If there are less than 3 passengers booking, upon departure day, the adventure will be cancelled.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 800 DKK