Fishing For Cod | Nuuk
Do you want to do like the locals? Then join on this fishing trip and try to catch your own dinner!
As locals, we know the fjord around Nuuk like the palm of our own hands and we know exactly where to take you for a good catch of cod. We will sail out from Nuuk harbour and depending on the weather, we'll find the best spot for fishing for you and your fellow explorers.
Fishing is a very important part of the Greenlandic culture, as fish play a big role in the traditional diet. Today many people have their own boat and go out to fish to sustain their families or just for fun. Fishing is a great activity, you both get the excitement when you feel something nibbling your bait. At the same time it is very relaxing as you get to enjoy the surrounding nature, wildlife and feel the fresh arctic wind in your hair. The fjord system around Nuuk is enormous and where ever you will sail, you will have picturesque mountains around you.
The Greenlandic cod can get quite big and it can get very exciting from the moment you feel it on the hook to you finally have it on-board the boat. You both have to be quick but also careful that you do not loose it again. If we do not catch anything within the first couple of minutes we will sail to another spot to try our luck.
Do not hesitate to join on this fun trip to the fjord when you are in Nuuk. Check the availability in "Book Now" above!
- Local guide
- Fishing equipment
- 1 hour sailing trip in open boat
- 2 hours fishing time
- Warm survival suit
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Remember to always wear warm clothes and practical shoes, as it can get a bit cold and windy when sailing. There is no cabin on this boat, therefore you will be exposed to wind and sea at all times.
- If there are less than 3 passengers booking, upon departure day, the adventure will be cancelled.
1 800 DKK