History walk | Qeqertarsuaq | Disko Bay
Let a local guide take you on a historic walk through Qeqertarsuaq. The village of Qeqertarsuaq is one of the oldest settlements in Greenland, dating back to 1773. Today there are around 1000 inhabitants.
On this trip, you will learn about the local history, the guide will take you to all of the places that are worth a visit. You will hear about how daily life has changed through time. Most of the city's inhabitants still work with hunting and fishing and live a life that might be very different from what people from big cities know. The guide can tell you local stories, introduce you to the people and show you all the interesting sights.
For an insight into Greenlandic culture and lifestyle, select your date of travel and click Book Now.
- Local guide
- 2 hours guided walk
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- On this tour you will be walking around the city, so dress according to this and wear good shoes for a two hours walk.
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify that the change is OK.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
History walk | Qeqertarsuaq | Disko BayFrom 320 DKK
Kuannit Hike | Qeqertarsuaq | Disko BayFrom 595 DKK
Vacation PackagePhotography Tour
Northwest Greenland in Autumn | Icebergs, glaciers and Inuit settlementsFrom
Vacation PackageFully booked
Nuuk, Ilulissat and Disko Island package | West GreenlandFrom