Ice Fishing | Kangerlussuaq | West Greenland
Join this authentic ice fishing tour where you'll learn the traditional Greenlandic methods of winter-fishing. You will be mastering the art of fishing, drilling through the thick ice and enjoy the pristine Arctic winter landscape of Kangerlussuaq!
Your tour starts from your selected pick-up point. You will be driven to the harbour, from where you will venture out on the thick sea ice. On the ice, there will be drilled holes for you to fish through.
The three most important ingredients for successful ice fishing are; a nicely drilled hole, fishing gear and most of all, patience. While mastering the art of ice-fishing you can enjoy the fresh breeze and the ice underneath your feet. You might even be so lucky there might be some locals out on the ice as well, which could be a great opportunity for a chat.
While you are fishing the guide will prepare a hot beverage and share a good fishing story or two.
Try your luck with ice-fishing, an ancient Inuit tradition passed through generations, by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Transportation to and from Kangerlussuaq
- Experienced guide
- Fishing gear
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Food and snacks
- Water bottle
3 Day Glacier Adventure | KangerlussuaqFrom 7 995 DKK
4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 650 DKK
Camp on the Greenland ice sheet | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 950 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Dog sledding expedition | Kangerlussuaq to Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 16 975 DKK