Ilimanaq Settlement Visit | Private tour | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Join this private adventure (you charter the whole boat) to the other side of the Ilulissat Icefjord, where you will explore the cozy settlement Ilimanaq.
You will head out from Ilulissat harbour towards the amazing Ilulissat Icefjord, which since 2004 has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Sailing across the fjord will take around 45 minutes, depending on the ice. Here you can watch the beautiful icebergs silently floating to the sea. The icebergs can be as big as little islands and some are more like beautiful icy sculptures in shades of blue and white.
When you get past the icefjord you will find Ilimanaq laying there in peace with its colourful houses. When you get ashore the captain will take you a guided tour and introduce you to the daily life and history of the small settlement, all while you still will see the icebergs drift by.
Take the opportunity to visit a small Greenlandic settlement, where you can learn about the culture and observe daily life by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- VIP boat charter (for maximum 6 people)
- Trip in a heated cabin boat
- Experienced local captain
- Guided tour in Ilimanaq
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars
- This excursion is a private charter and is the same price for 1-6 people.
- Although this adventure takes place on a closed boat, you will want to spend time out on the decks for the best views. Make sure you dress appropriately and, regardless of weather, it is always a good idea to bring a windproof jacket and gloves.
- While it is possible to bring your own food, save yourself the trouble, and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
5 450 DKK