Ilimanaq Settlement Visit | Private tour | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Join this private adventure (you charter the whole boat) to the other side of the Ilulissat Icefjord, where you will explore the cozy settlement Ilimanaq.
You will head out from Ilulissat harbour towards the amazing Ilulissat Icefjord, which since 2004 has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Sailing across the fjord will take around 45 minutes, depending on the ice. Here you can watch the beautiful icebergs silently floating to the sea. The icebergs can be as big as little islands and some are more like beautiful icy sculptures in shades of blue and white.
When you get past the icefjord you will find Ilimanaq laying there in peace with its colourful houses. When you get ashore the captain will take you a guided tour and introduce you to the daily life and history of the small settlement, all while you still will see the icebergs drift by.
Take the opportunity to visit a small Greenlandic settlement, where you can learn about the culture and observe daily life by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Experienced captain
- Guided tour in Ilimanaq
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars
- This excursion is a private charter and is the same price for 1-6 people.
- Although this adventure takes place on a closed boat, you will want to spend time out on the decks for the best views. Make sure you dress appropriately and, regardless of weather, it is always a good idea to bring a windproof jacket and gloves.
- While it is possible to bring your own food, save yourself the trouble, and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process.
5 450 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK