Ilulissat Citywalk | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Come along this tour, discovering the hidden corners and gems of Ilulissat city! This tour is for anyone curious for what life 300 kilometers above the arctic circle is like, and how Ilulissat has come to be, by learning about its past.
Ilulissat was founded in 1741, and is today Greenlands third largest town, with over 4500 inhabitants. Ilulissat was named after the many wonders of ice, floating around in the Icefjord and means iceberg.
Your guide of the day will tell you the story of Ilulissat, about the Greenlandic culture and the modern life 300 kilometers above the arctic circle. While strolling through town, we will stop by the local fish market ’’brættet’’’, pass the arctic explorer Knud Rasmussen's childhood home and the old wooden Zion church.
To uncover the secrets of Ilulissat, select your preferred date, and click Book Now.
- Knowledgeable Guide
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots for summer, insulated boots for winter)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (Summer: in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants. If the minimum requirement is not met, the tour will be canceled and your money refunded.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".