Pay by the Hour Private Charter | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Travel as you wish in the amazing Ilulissat area with a private boat tour. The possibilities are endless, just inform the captain of your wishes, and they will be fulfilled. There are plenty of possibilities for exciting new adventures in the area. You can charter the boat for any purpose, regarding the sea - whether you want to go fishing, sightseeing on the west side of the Disko Bay, or something completely different is up to you. Reserve your private tour for up to 6 people by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- 2 hours private Sailing tour you design
- 1 to 6 passengers included
- Experienced local captain
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Snacks / food
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- The price is for chartering the whole boat and includes 1-6 people. Please select the correct number of people in the booking process (the price won't change). It is important for the captain to know how many people will be joining. For more than 10 people, please contact us.
- It is possible to bring your own food, but save yourself the trouble and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process
- There may be changes in the timing of the trip due to weather. The decision lies with the captain. If the trip is cancelled, there will be a full refund.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
1 review for Pay by the Hour Private Charter | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
3 700 DKK
Mr. Arf –
Ilulissat is spectacular. It was probably my best decision to travel to Greenland and take a 3h. The boat is super cute and comfortable. There were 2 persons who were driving the boat and both of them were nice. They offered us coffee. My wife felt cold and they gave her a blanket. The icebergs are mesmerizing. I thought we may get close to Disko Island because in the map it falls under 3h hours trip but the driver told us its far. We have not seen places like Saqqaq or Eqi which are also mentioned it the tour map of 3h. This is something that still makes me confused. We mostly explored the Disko bay area that is close to Ilulissat. I was able to fly my drone and I felt really happy. It would have been nice if we were able to get close to Disko Island. Midnight sun is amazing. We were lucky to spot a calving iceberg. If you want to explore iceberg with total freedom, I highly recommend Ilulissat water taxi, just make sure before trip, how many places are possible to visit.