Photo tour | Nuuk
Want to capture the best possible photographs of your trip to Nuuk? Join our guide who will take you to the best locations around the city and stay with you to help to catch the best pictures.
Colorful Nuuk and its magnificent surroundings provide a wealth of photo opportunities for the keen photographer. From urban scenes and architecture to landscape and wildlife photography, your guide knows the best spots around town to capture both the classic views and more unique imagery of Greenland’s capital city.
During the tour, you will be transported by car so that you may visit several different locations. This will enable you to capture the best angles of the Colonial Harbour in one moment, and the perfect shot of the iconic Sermitsiaq mountain in the next!
You can choose to have a tour with “a little bit of everything”, or let us know where your interests lie and we will tailor the tour accordingly. And if you’ve seen an image of a specific place that you would like to photograph, please tell us so that we make sure we include it in our journey around Nuuk.
Impress your friends with your Nuuk slideshow and select your preferred date for the Photo Tour above.
- Transportation by car
- Tea & Coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Plenty of batteries (especially if it is cold)
- Plenty of space on your memory card
- Tripod (optional for daylight tours, essential for twilight tours)
- Remote release (if using a tripod)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- The tour is max 4 hours.
- If it is very cold and the weather is bad we might stop early, but most times we go on for 3-4 hours.
- If you have a specific place you want to photograph - let us know before the drive or during it
- The tour can be tailored to your specific interests - just let us know before you arrive.
- We are usually small groups of 4 people, but we can arrange a bus if more seats are required
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
1 review for Photo tour | Nuuk
1 295 DKK
This was an excellent tour! The town is photographically very interesting with many colored houses and buildings. The tour took us around Nuuk itself (you can’t drive far out of town as there are no roads between settlements) but our guide was excellent and took us to quite a few photo locations and we heard some Greenland history along the way. This was well worth the time and money to be driven by someone who knows the territory!