Private Whale Safari | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
This tour takes you to see one of wonders of the sea, the famous humpback whale, which is known for its long distance traveling. These magnificent sea creatures travel to the Disko Bay for the feasting on large groups of krill and small fish. The humpback whales mainly travel from the areas of Haiti and Puerto Rico, where they breed in the winter period. These outstanding whales can grow up to 15 meters long and weigh approximately 30 tons. The recognition of humpback whales is the elegant tail.
To experience these giants of the sea at close range is almost a spiritual experience that overwhelms many. Admire the whales playing hide and seek between the waves, while the arctic winds long to play with your hair!
Reserve your private tour for up to 6 people by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- VIP boat charter (for maximum 6 people)
- Trip in a heated cabin boat
- Experienced local captain
- 4 hours sailing
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Snacks / food
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- The price is for chartering the whole boat and includes 1-6 people. Please select the correct number of people in the booking process (the price won't change). It is important for the captain to know how many people will be joining. For more than 10 people, please contact us.
- It is possible to bring your own food, but save yourself the trouble and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process
- There may be changes in the timing of the trip due to weather. The decision lies with the captain. If the trip is cancelled, there will be a full refund.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
7 200 DKK