Private Whale Safari | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
This tour takes you to see one of wonders of the sea, the famous humpback whale, which is known for its long distance traveling. These magnificent sea creatures travel to the Disko Bay for the feasting on large groups of krill and small fish. The humpback whales mainly travel from the areas of Haiti and Puerto Rico, where they breed in the winter period. These outstanding whales can grow up to 15 meters long and weigh approximately 30 tons. The recognition of humpback whales is the elegant tail.
To experience these giants of the sea at close range is almost a spiritual experience that overwhelms many. Admire the whales playing hide and seek between the waves, while the arctic winds long to play with your hair!
Reserve your private tour for up to 6 people by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- 4 hours sailing
- Local captain
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Snacks / food
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- The price is for chartering the whole boat and includes 1-6 people. Please select the correct number of people in the booking process (the price won't change). It is important for the captain to know how many people will be joining. For more than 10 people, please contact us.
- It is possible to bring your own food, but save yourself the trouble and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process
- There may be changes in the timing of the trip due to weather. The decision lies with the captain. If the trip is cancelled, there will be a full refund.
7 200 DKK