Private Whale Safari | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Come along this magical voyage amongst gargantuan icebergs looking for the most massive mammals of the world - whales!
There are several species of whale in the Uummannaq fjord, the most common ones are Fin whale, Humpbacks, Minkes, and the occasional Pilot whales. Combining the knowledge and experience of the captain you have a pretty good chance of getting close to these magnificent creatures that roam the north during summer. So sit back, have a sip of hot coffee or tea and look out for the water vapor burst as the whales surface for air. Combined with the Gigantic icebergs all around you this is a recipe for an unforgettable experience. Put your safari hat on, get your camera and binoculars ready and join this safari of a lifetime.
Reserve your boat charter for this excursion to get closer to the whales in North Greenland by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
- Tea and coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle
- The price is for chartering the whole boat.
- The boat can hold up to 6 passengers.
7 200 DKK
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Nights Photography Workshop | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 52 900 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK
Dogsled expedition to settlements | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom
Dogsledding – 2 hours | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 500 DKK