Qarajaq Glacier | Private tour | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Navigate your way through a labyrinth of icebergs to the front of the Great Qarajaq Glacier.
The Glacier is one of the fastest moving glaciers in the world, located about 60 km from Uummannaq. The area used to be, and is still, great hunting grounds, leading to great stories about magnificent hunters such as "Tivagdlarge" who lived here more than 150 years ago. On the way, there are good chances of seeing humpbacks, fin whales as well as minkes and seals.
After enjoying the sounds of the grandiose glacier and possibly even witnessing the immense power of calving, you will move along to the settlement of Ikerasak.
Ikerasak is, with its 234 inhabitants, a modest village, mostly living the traditional way through hunting and fishing. Here the church also functions as a school as it has since 1936. A few of the buildings are also more than a hundred years old, and yet they probably own a flat-screen showing great contrast between modern and traditional lifestyles.
After a nice stroll around the settlement, its time to head back to Uummannaq after a day full of memorable experiences.
Immerse yourself in the beauty and culture of North Greenland by joining this boat trip to the Qarajaq Glacier and the small settlement of Ikerasak. Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your boat charter.
• Tea and Coffee
• Local Guide
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Dress in layers. You never really know how the weather is going to turn out and it can change pretty quickly, so it is important that you can adjust accordingly.
- Please note that the price is for chartering the whole boat for this excursion. This will include one to six passengers.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
11 900 DKK
Day Tour1 - 6 passengers included
Private Full Day Adventure | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 14 200 DKK
Day Tour1 to 6 passengers included
Private Midnight Sun Tour | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 5 450 DKK
Day Tour1 to 6 passengers included
Explore the Cultural site of Qilakitsoq | Private tour | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 850 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK