Russell Glacier BBQ | Kangerlussuaq | West Greenland
Enjoy a delicious barbecue with Greenlandic specialities while overlooking the phenomenal Russell Glaciers’ wall of ice, on this 5-hour BBQ excursion! The sun stays high above the horizon during the summer months, prompting the creaking glacier to once, in a while, calve in a loud roar, like a rumbling thunder or a pirate ship firing its cannons.
You’ll jump into a 4WD vehicle, designed to take on the rugged rocky terrain, and still enabling you to enjoy the views with large panoramic windows. Before you know it, you’ll be out in the middle of the Arctic tundra, driving through the beautiful desert-like valleys, and semi-barren plains all the while giving you great chances of seeing all sorts of wildlife. You might spot a herd of musk oxen, reindeers, arctic hares, and even wild polar foxes. Get to see numerous Arctic flowers and breathe in the fresh air, while looking over the landscape of mountains, valleys, and of course the Ice sheet.
The whole tour takes approximately 5 hours driving there and getting back. But it will barely feel as if any time has passed as the sun still sits high above the horizon providing plenty of sunlight even as the evening approaches. So go enjoy the quietness of this remarkable location by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Experienced guide
- Transportation to and from Russell Glacier
- Barbecue and non-alcoholic beverages
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
1 095 DKK
Town Walk – Sculptures and Myths | NuukFrom 300 DKK
Hike to Santas’ Cabin | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 350 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Private sea safari in open boat | SisimiutFrom 2 500 DKK
Day Tour1 to 5 passengers included
Picturesque Settlement Qeqertarsuaq | QaanaaqFrom 2 600 DKK