Sea Fishing | Private tour | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Fishing always has been and still is a big part of the Greenlandic way of life. So if you want an authentic experience for any age and experience level - join us and catch your own fresh fish from the cold arctic waters.
Depending on the season, it varies what fish you will be able to catch. In June "Ammassatter", also called capelin and they are caught by net, late the summer season trout and cod is very likely to be inhabiting the seas. Some fishing gear will be provided, but you are more than welcome to bring your own equipment.
If you have a particular interest in fishing, reserve your private trip with us by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
We can also arrange other types of fishing trips like trout fishing in swift rivers, long lines for halibut, and pots for crabs. Contact us if you'd like further information.
- Experienced captain/guide
- Coffee & Tea
- Basic fishing gear
- Fishing license. You should arrange this in advance at the post office in Ilulissat
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars
- You must have a fishing licence if you plan to fish. These can be obtained at the Ilulissat post office
- This excursion is a private charter and is the same price for 1-6 people.
- Although this adventure takes place on a closed boat, you will want to spend time out on the decks for the best views. Make sure you dress appropriately and, regardless of weather, it is always a good idea to bring a windproof jacket and gloves.
- While it is possible to bring your own food, save yourself the trouble, and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process.
7 200 DKK
Ghost Village Boat Cruise | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 915 DKK
Day Tour1 To 6 Passengers Included
Private Deep Sea Fishing Tour | NuukFrom 4 650 DKK
Helicopter tour to the icefjord | Private charter | NuukFrom 19 980 DKK
Sailing and hiking in the Kangerlussuaq fjord | West GreenlandFrom 1 595 DKK