Snowshoe in the Northern Night | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
While in Ilulissat you should take the advantage of this tour under the clear skies full of stars and watch the Aurora Borealis dance above you.
Hike the white landscape and feel the snow crunch under your feet while you manoeuvre your way with the help of your flashlight and helpful guide. Heading just outside of Ilulissat town just enough distance to enjoy the dancing colours of green and pink lighting up the night sky.
On this tour, we will walk along the Icefjord mixing northern lights with the view of huge icebergs across the fjord and get a cup of warm coffee or tea to combat the cold. This hike is for everyone who wants to experience the Aurora Borealis whilst in Greenland, combining snowshoeing over the snow-covered terrain.
Among sky-high mountains, icebergs scattered across the Ilulissat Icefjord and absolute silence you will get to enjoy the show of colours in the company of your fellow explorers in the safe hands of your guide. A great way to end a day of new experiences and excitement.
Come join this hike through the arctic landscape in the hunt of the Northern Lights. You will be picked up from the hut to go back to Ilulissat town when the tour is over. See availability by pressing ‘Book Now’ and book your trip now.
- Professional guide
- Snowshoes & Poles
- Hot beverages
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- We strongly recommend to bring extra fleece, gloves and socks as the weather can get colder fast. No previous experience is needed for this trip as you will be accompanied by a guide that will help you through the whole process.
- Please inform in advance if you have diabetes or cardio problems.
- All tours in Greenland are weather dependent. In the case of bad weather the tour will be cancelled, and you will get full payment refund. Minimum of participants of 2, if less than 2 upon departure day the tour will be cancelled and you will get full payment refund.
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK