Snowshoe in the Northern Night | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
While in Ilulissat you should take the advantage of this tour under the clear skies full of stars and watch the Aurora Borealis dance above you.
We will start your adventure at Illulissat Guesthouse. Hike the white landscape and feel the snow crunch under your feet while you manoeuvre your way with the help of your flashlight and helpful guide. Heading just outside of Ilulissat town just enough distance to enjoy the dancing colours of green and pink lighting up the night sky.
On this tour, we will walk along the Icefjord mixing northern lights with the view of huge icebergs across the fjord and get a cup of warm coffee or tea to combat the cold. This hike is for everyone who wants to experience the Aurora Borealis whilst in Greenland, combining snowshoeing over the snow-covered terrain.
Among sky-high mountains, icebergs scattered across the Ilulissat Icefjord and absolute silence you will get to enjoy the show of colours in the company of your fellow explorers in the safe hands of your guide. A great way to end a day of new experiences and excitement.
Come join this hike through the arctic landscape in the hunt of the Northern Lights. You will be picked up from the hut to go back to Ilulissat town when the tour is over. See availability by pressing ‘Book Now’ and book your trip now.
- Professional guide
- Snowshoes & Poles
- Hot beverages
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- We strongly recommend to bring extra fleece, gloves and socks as the weather can get colder fast. No previous experience is needed for this trip as you will be accompanied by a guide that will help you through the whole process.
- Please inform in advance if you have diabetes or cardio problems.
- All tours in Greenland are weather dependent. In the case of bad weather the tour will be cancelled, and you will get full payment refund. Minimum of participants of 2, if less than 2 upon departure day the tour will be cancelled and you will get full payment refund.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.