The Calving Glacier Eqi | Private tour | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Experience the Arctic wonder, Eqi Glacier on this 6-hour boat tour! The magnificent Eqi glacier is a must-see when visiting Ilulissat. The glacier is known for its remarkably large glacier front, that stretches over 4 kilometres. An overwhelming sight that truly shows the grandeur of the Greenlandic nature!
Your adventure of a lifetime starts by Ilulissat Harbor, where you will be welcome aboard our closed cabin boat.
Eqi is located around 80 kilometres north of Ilulissat, approximately two hours of sailing. During these two hours, there are great chances of seeing whales in all sizes and 100 % chance of seeing icebergs. We will be sailing through the beautiful Ataa fjord, and while sailing you can enjoy the picturesque snow-covered mountaintops that circumscribe the waters of the fjord - a sight worth a tour itself.
By the bottom of the fjord, we will arrive by the glacier front. Visiting the glacier front is quite unique, as conditions allow us to get quite close to a calving glacier – but please keep in mind, that we only sail as close to the glacier, as safety allows.
As you enjoy the pristine view of the glacier front, you can hear the crackling noises of air bubbles trapped inside glacier and icebergs. If you are lucky, you might witness the dramatic sight and sound of an iceberg calving from the glacier. The waters of the fjord is an ever-flowing stream of icebergs in all shapes and sizes. Here they start their journey towards the open sea.
Reserve your private tour for up to 6 people by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- 6 hours tour
- Local captain
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Snacks / food
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- The price is for chartering the whole boat and includes 1-6 people. Please select the correct number of people in the booking process (the price won't change). It is important for the captain to know how many people will be joining. For more than 10 people, please contact us.
- It is possible to bring your own food, but save yourself the trouble and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process
- There may be changes in the timing of the trip due to weather. The decision lies with the captain. If the trip is cancelled, there will be a full refund.
10 700 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK