Waterfall Hike | Kangerlussuaq | West Greenland
Come along this hiking adventure, taking you through the spectacular terrain in which Kangerlussuaq is enriched by. You and your fellow explorers will hike to a majestic waterfall, where you can enjoy the sounds of running water, only disturbed by birds chattering above.
The area around Kangerlussuaq is a vast wonderland for every explorer! It is a landscape for the flower enthusiasts, wildlife admirer and those who just want to experience and explore the arctic landscape. This tour will give you the opportunity for all of the above and the joy of visiting a waterfall in Greenland.
We will from Kangerlussuaq venture inland, it is a unique journey that will enchant you and your fellow explorers beyond belief. En route you will be hiking in the presence of arctic wildlife, and it is almost certain that you will witness wildlife of either arctic rabbits, foxes or larger mammals, such as caribou and musk ox. You will be hiking on the sand valleys, the arctic tundra and conquer hilltops for an overview of the terrain.
Join this incredible adventure by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- Local guide
- Transportation with car
- Coffee & tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots) for summer, insulated boots for winter
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes - Summer)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars
Our tours are fully flexible and utilise a 4x4 four-wheel-drive with room for a maximum of 4 passengers.
The departure of this tour is guaranteed, even for one person.
Please select a time for pick-up, even if you're flexible all day
From June - August, it is critical that you bring a mosquito net as Kangerlussuaq is a paradise for mosquitos.
We recommend combining this tour with a visit to the Russell Glacier and Point 660 icecap. The tour combining all three attractions takes 6-7 hours. The Russell Glacier is where you can see a giant ice wall, and at Point 660 you can actually walk on the ice sheet and get on a vantage point to see the vastness of the ice, no equipment needed.
3 Day Glacier Adventure | KangerlussuaqFrom 7 995 DKK
4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 650 DKK
Camp on the Greenland ice sheet | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 950 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Dog sledding expedition | Kangerlussuaq to Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 16 975 DKK