Half day Snowshoe Hike | Nuuk
Are you looking to get a bird’s eye view of Nuuk and its surrounding fjord system during the winter? Do you enjoy snowshoeing or are you keen to try it for the first time? Then join us for a half-day snowshoe hike to the top of Quassussuaq mountain (450m).
The adventure begins with a short briefing about the planned snowshoeing trail and the current snow conditions. From the start of the trail, it is into the wild as you make your way up the steady but not-too-steep incline towards the peak of the mountain. The speed of the hike will be set to accommodate everyone in the group, and there will plenty of opportunities for taking photographs.
Once you reach the summit, you will enjoy stunning views of the mountains and numerous waterways that make up the Nuuk Fjord system, including the iconic Sermitsiaq. Enjoy a well-deserved cup of coffee or tea while you take in the panorama before starting your descent back towards Nuuk.Ready to go for a quick escape to the mountains? Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
Quassussuaq | Lille Malene
- Experienced guide
- Snow shoes
- Trekking poles
- Local snacks
- Transfer from and back to meeting point
- Coffee & Tea
What to bring
- Day backpack
- Waterproof / Windproof Jacket & Pants
- Warm clothing preferably worn in layers
- Warm hat and buff / scarf to cover ears and head
- Warm gloves ( mittens recommended)
- Ski goggles, Sunglasses
- Suncream and lip balm
- Water and snacks
- For this excursion, you need to be able to hike for 3 hours in outdoor terrain. The elevation gain is between 300-400 meters.
- Please inform in advance if you have any illness, lesion or problems that may affect your ability on the hike
1 095 DKK