Ilulissat Icefjord | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Witness the incredible icebergs of Ilulissat Icefjord on this two-hour boat tour. With a local captain, you will be cruising among the massive icebergs of the Icefjord. This tour is for anyone looking to experience the wonders of the Arctic!
The icebergs of Ilulissat Icefjord originates from one of the world’s fastest and most active glaciers, the Sermeq Kujalleq glacier. The beautiful scenery of Ilulissat Icefjord is not only created by the active glacier but also due to the location. Did you know, that the glacier is one of few, that actually reaches the sea?
By Ilulissat harbor, your captain will seat you and your fellow explorers on the open vessel, that will safely take you between the ice. En route, we might be lucky to spot a whale or two, so keep an eye out for the whales, playing hide and seek between the waves!
When arriving at the mouth of the fjord, the captain will slowly steer the vessel into the Kangia, so you can enjoy the towering icebergs and spell-binding scenery. It is quite a unique experience to drift through the fjord, with the white and blue nuanced icebergs surrounding you. But the massive ice azures are only the tip of the iceberg, as the dramatic sight and sound of calving icebergs will decorate your inner explorer!
Due to the incredible beauty of the Icefjord, dramatic landscape of glacial ice and calving icebergs steadily drifting out to sea, the fjord is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage. As you are cruising in between the massive ice blocks, you will understand why the awe-inspiring natural phenomena is a world heritage.
So what are you waiting for? Hurry up and book your ice cruise in Ilulissat, Greenland today! Check the booking availability by pressing ‘Book Now’ above.
UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 2 hours sailing tour in an open boat
- Safety vest
- Local captain
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Warm boots
- The tour has a minimum requirement of three persons. If the minimum requirement is not attained, we will try to rebook you to another departure or cancel the tour. Furthermore, the scheduled departure can be altered, due to availability, wind, weather, etc.
- Please note, that this tour takes place on an open boat, without floating suits - it is therefore crucial that you wear warm, wind- and waterproof outerwear. You have to be in a condition to get on and off the boat, no matter what the docking conditions are.
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK