Qorlortorsuaq Hike | Qeqertarsuaq | Disko Bay
Join on this easy hike to the beautiful Qorlortorsuaq waterfall when you visit Qeqertarsuaq, the Disko Island. Visiting Qeqertarsuaq is a geat opportunity to truly get away from the busy everyday life.
In Greenlandic Qorlortorsuaq means "the big waterfall". On this trip you walk out of town, into the beautiful landscape. On the way you will see the diverse landscape - the rough basalt mountains, green grass and colorful flowers.
After hiking for a while you will start to hear the sound from the waterfall. Soon you will also see the beautiful right of the water carving its way through the landscape. This water comes from the glacier that lies in the middle of the island. Stand for a while in peace, close your eyes, and enjoy the lively sounds from the waterfall.
Geologically the Disko Island is unique and very different from mainland Greenland, as the island is much younger than the rest of the country. A big part of the island consist of tall, steep mountains and in the middle of the island there you find the Lyngmark glacier. In Greenlandic Qeqertarsuaq means "the big island".
Even though the island itself, geologically is younger than the mainland, the village of Qeqertarsuaq is one of the oldest settlements in Greenland, dating back to 1773.
Enjoy a beautiful landscape that you won't find anywhere else in Greenland by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- Experienced guide
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Select your preferred departure time at checkout. We will schedule you into the closest departure and advise you of the exact timing
Day Tour1 to 6 passengers included
Private settlement tour to Ikerasak | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 5 600 DKK
Sightseeing By Bus | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 245 DKK
Northern Lights Photography | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 1 095 DKK
Day Tour1 To 6 Passengers Included
Sea Fishing | Private tour | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 7 200 DKK